Learning to code teaches children how to think. Computer programming isn’t just about teaching how to type lines of code. It is more about teaching children how to think differently. Being able to code effectively, a programmer needs to use logical thinking. They need to be able to see a large problem and break it down into smaller pieces in order to solve it in an effective manner. This is called decomposition and is one of the key features of computational thinking.
Why Kids Coding?
- Programming helps children learn to problem-solve,
- Computer programming gives kids a challenge and helps them develop resilience,
- Coding teaches children how to think,
- A child expands their creativity when they learn how to code,
- Computer programming is the future,
- There is a lack of skills in the software industry,
- Coding helps children learn how to have fun with math,
- Coding is learning while having fun.